QLD Disability Arts Festival CALL OUT
Access Arts is hosting a Disability Arts Festival (working title) at Queensland Theatre Company from Friday 26 – Saturday 27 June 2015. This is an exciting opportunity for emerging and professional artists from across Australia to showcase their work at a festival accessible to all artists and audiences.
We are seeking polished performances in any art form, works in progress, installations, roving performances and workshops, discussions or forums for presentation over the two days of the festival.
The spaces available for use include Queensland Theatre Company’s Bille Brown Studio, Studio Two, The GreenHouse and Courtyard areas. All of these spaces are on ground level with wheelchair access.
What we’re looking for
• Polished performances in any art form no longer than
60 minutes in duration
(e.g. theatre, music, dance, cabaret, circus, physical
theatre, performance art)
• Works in progress for showing
• Installations for the foyer and courtyard areas
• Roving performances
• Workshops, discussions or forums
What we’ll provide
• Marketing for the festival
• Venue for the performance or activity
• Technical operators
• Front of house staff
• Assistance with accessibility during the festival
• A fee for your performance or activity (as negotiated)
• Letters of support for any related funding applications
What you’ll need to provide
• A performance, showing or activity ready to present on
• Any set, costumes or materials required
• A blurb about the performance, showing or activity and
an image for promotion
• A support worker or carer if required for your
Your Expression of Interest
• While we prefer applications to be submitted via email,
you are welcome to submit your application in any
way that’s accessible to you (for example, audio,
video, printed, dictated, electronic and handwritten).
Please contact Access Arts staff to discuss any
specific format requirements.
• Send your completed expression of interest form and
any relevant support materials by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Disability Arts
Festival’ in the subject line or via post to Access Arts,
1F/24 Macquarie Street, Teneriffe, QLD 4005 by 5pm
on Monday 23 March, 2015.
Access Arts staff are available to answer any questions you have regarding your expression of interest for the festival. You can ask staff for assistance either via phone, email, Skype or in person by appointment.
Contact Festival Director Belinda Locke by emailing email@example.com or phone the Access Arts office on (07)3254 9585.
Check the facebook page to find out more.