Funding: Conserving, Promoting and Supporting NSW Aboriginal Heritage
Conserving, Promoting and Supporting NSW Aboriginal Heritage
Project purpose: To provide funding for projects that conserve, promote and support Aboriginal heritage in NSW
For example: Your local Aboriginal community group is planning to undertake a project to interpret a local Aboriginal Place at a cost of $20,000. You decide to apply for an Aboriginal heritage grant of $20,000 to fund the project.
- grants of up to $70,000 are available for Aboriginal heritage projects
- $1 for $1 grants are available to local government for Aboriginal heritage projects
- Projects must have a minimum value of $20,000 (excluding GST)
Closing date: Applications close on 16 January 2015
Who can apply
- Aboriginal community groups
- Individuals, consultants or organisations supported by the Aboriginal community
- Local councils
Projects eligible for funding
Projects must benefit an Aboriginal heritage item either listed on the State Heritage Register or as an Aboriginal Place (but excluding places on State Government owned or managed lands).
For more information
Go to the Office of Environment and Heritage website.