JOB: Collections and Exhibitions Officer
- Well regarded Local Government Organisation
- Great work/life balance
- Access to Employee Health & Wellbeing Programs including Corporate Fitness
- Access to Professional Development Programs and Education Assistance
Newcastle City Council is seeking a highly motivated and proactive Collections and Exhibitions Officer to assist with the implementation of the Gallery’s curatorial and exhibition program through the management of the permanent collection and development/installation of exhibitions.
As the Collections and Exhibitions Officer you will maintain the collection management database and artist files ensuring they are up to date and accurate, including the accessioning status, condition and location of works of art in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner.
You will ensure the maintenance of industry best practice in collection management, museum practice, registration, installation, conservation and the storage of works of art.
You will monitor, assess and report on the Gallery’s environmental conditions, ensuring they meet the standards required.
You will coordinate logistics and prepare contracts and documentation for incoming and outgoing loans and other collection management related administration.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Fine Arts/Art History, Visual Arts or Arts Administration or the equivalent, and/or relevant equivalent experience.
- Solid experience in a museum / gallery in a relevant role including knowledge of standards in curatorial, registration, technical and conservation practices.
- Solid knowledge of Australian art, including Aboriginal art and demonstrated broad knowledge of visual arts practice.
- Demonstrated experience in collection management, exhibition development, curatorial research and publishing.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with experience in the preparation of presentations and written material about works of art for the public and other stakeholders and the ability to contribute positively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated negotiation, interpersonal, time management skills and the ability to determine priorities and manage competing demands.
- Extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Office and collection management database systems (KeEMU, Vernon etc).
- Demonstrated capacity to implement a Workplace Health & Safety System within the work environment.
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
Newcastle City Council proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the section criteria of the position. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 2 August 2015
Circa Total Remuneration Package: $60,976 plus 9.5% superannuation for a 35 hour week.
For more information and details about how to apply: http://newcastle.applynow.net.au/jobs/NCC1395-collections-and-exhibitions-officer