Cessnock City Council Dollar for Dollar grants now open
Dollar for Dollar Grants
Applications for all categories in the 2018-2019 Dollar for Dollar funding round are now open and will close 4pm Friday 7 September 2018.
Council believes in investing in the community and recognises the invaluable contribution that community groups make to our social well-being, economic advancement, environmental improvement and the development of a vibrant community.
Each financial year Council makes funding available under its Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme to support community, cultural, sporting and environmental projects that improve and enhance community life in our LGA.
Council’s Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme supports Council’s Cessnock 2027 Community Strategic Plan objectives of:
- Promoting social connections
- Strengthening community culture
- Promoting safe communities
- Fostering an articulate and creative community
- Better utilisation of existing open space
- Protecting and enhancing the natural environment & rural character of the area
Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme categories
- Community and Cultural Development Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme
- Community Facilities Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme
- Sporting Facilities Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme
- Tidy Towns Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme
Community and Cultural Development Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme
Grants are offered to not-for-profit community, arts and cultural groups to:
- Undertake projects, activities and events that increase opportunities for community participation and improve community well-being.
- Undertake projects, activities, events and projects that can demonstrate a benefit to the cultural or artistic development of the wider community.
- Undertake improvements to Council owned facilities licenced to, occupied or leased by the group which will contribute to the cultural or artistic use of the facility.
Please ensure you have read the Guidelines before applying.
Projects are considered on a dollar for dollar basis. Applications for projects requesting up to a maximum of $3000 will be considered.
Community based organisations from outside the Cessnock LGA may apply and be considered for funding only if they can demonstrate that the project benefits the local community.
How to apply
Download the Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme Guidelines for more information.
Complete the Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme Application Form. This is a writable PDF please download and save before completing.
Submit a Dollar for Dollar Grant Scheme Acquittal Form for any previously funded projects. This is a writable PDF please download and save before completing.
If you require further information about the Dollar for Dollar Grant Schemes please contact
Community and Cultural Development Grants – Jo Miller E: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about other grants through this Dollar for Dollar program, visit the Cessnock City Council website.