CALL OUT: Seedpod Youth Mentoring Program 2018
Octapod is launching the Seedpod Youth Mentoring Program for 2018 and applications are due very soon!
We are seeking young artists or a group of young people who have a creative idea to activate Mayfield Skate Park during Youth Week in 2018.
Seedpod is Octapod’s new youth mentoring program designed to provide real arts development opportunities for the region’s young creative leaders. For people aged between 18 and 24 years this mentorship focuses on building skills, networks and confidence for a group of young people through collaborating with Octapod to develop and deliver a creative project that makes a positive difference in their community.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM SEEDPOD 2018
Octapod will mentor and support an artist or group of creative young people to:
- Plan their creative community event/project – Based on their own creative idea proposal submitted to Octapod by 15 December 2017
- Write a funding application – Newcastle Youth Week Grant
- Deliver their creative community event/project – Mayfield Skate Park during Youth Week 2018.
- Friday 15 December 2017 – Submit your creative idea to Octapod by (either via the application form or call Justine to discuss the idea and make a verbal application)
- Friday 22 December 2017 – Successful applicant/s notified
- 8 January – 2 February 2018 – Meet weekly for four weeks to prepare grant submission for the project
- 12 February – 13 April 2018 – Work collaboratively with Octapod for nine weeks between to plan for creative project/event
- 13 – 22 April 2018 – Work with Octapod to deliver creative event/project during Youth Week 2018.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you would like to talk your project through with us, or have any questions please contact Justine at email@example.com or call 4021 1605 (Mon, Thurs, Fri).
APPLICATIONS DUE 4pm FRIDAY 15 DECEMBER 2017
Email application: With ‘SEEDPOD’ as the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Verbal application: Call Justine on 4021 1605 to make a verbal application but please get in touch well before the deadline to make sure we can answer your call in time!
FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FORM: Seedpod-Youth-Mentoring-2018-Application-Form_FINAL
Image: From TAFE NSW Youth Work student projects 2017. Photo: Justine Cogan