Shooting Tunes DIY Music Video Competition
Submitted by loftyouthvenue on 3 May 2012 - 12:51am
When:1 May 2012
Repeats every day until Mon Jun 25 2012 .
The Loft Youth Arts & Cultural Centre
1/7a wolfe stNewcastle, NSW 2300
Shooting Tunes Music Video Competition - Information for Contestants.
What is it?
The Loft Music Events Team is co-ordinating Newcastle's first music video competition from May-July 2012. It is a chance for young video makers & bands to compete for great prizes including - video production equipment , recording & rehearsal packages , while promoting their creative talents. The project will include online polling and an awards night at the loft on July 27 with a screening of finalist entries, live bands & announcement of all prize winners. Project website - http://www.facebook.com/ShootingTunes
How to Enter- Download an entry pack from http://www.theloft.org.au
Current project partners include Newcastle City Council , Indent Music NSW , Captured Music Video Competition Sydney, Reverb Streetpress, RODE Microphones , Audio Technica and The Studio - Rehearsal & Recording, Newcastle.
Bands are invited to submit current tracks to the Shooting Tunes Music Library which will be available for videomakers to access music if they dont have a band or artist to team up with. You will be required to complete a music waiver / release form to give us permission to use your music for ther comp & for promotional purposes but you will retain full copyright ownership over your music.
- Shooting Tunes is open to young video makers aged 13-25 yrs.
- Contestants will be required to produce an original music video between 2-5 mins in duration featuring the original music of a band based in the Hunter Region. Team up with your favourite local band or we can supply a track from our local music library.
- All videos must include a visual reference to The Loft Youth Arts & Cultural Centre ( Loft logo , shot of the building etc).
- Submissions open on Tuesday May 1 & deadline for submissions is Monday 25 June.
- Entry format - Complete an entry form & submit entries on hard copy dvd or disc at highest quality possible and or upload the video to our upload link .
- Video formats accepted - avi , mov , wmv , flv, MP4
- Videos must be your own original work & have been created during April - June 2012
- Judging criteria will include- all of the above requirements plus- originality of concept , production quality/cinematography , creativity /innovation , entertainment value.
- Videos must not contain any offensive language , nudity ,
- Prize categories will include 13-17 yrs winner / runner up , 18-25 yrs winner / runner-up and peoples choice on-line poll. Prizes will include video production equipment , studio recording & rehearsal packages , cash , trophies & golden tickets to selected Loft gigs.
For More information on Shooting Tunes please call Dale Garbutt
On 4974 2094 or email email@example.com