ARTSPACE Art Residency
Regional Arts NSW has partnered with Artspace Visual Arts Centre to offer a 12-week residency at the end of 2013. This is the first time RANSW has partnered with Artspace to offer an artist living in regional and remote NSW a residency within Artspace’s unique and contemporary professional environment in Sydney.
Applicants will need to demonstrate a high degree of artistic merit in their work to date and the potential for the residency to contribute to their future creative and professional development.
CEO of RANSW, Elizabeth Rogers, says, “It’s fantastic that regional artists can now take advantage of this opportunity which was previously available to urban artists only. The residency will offer the chosen applicant the opportunity to contemplate their creative practice at Artspace and further develop as a professional artist.”
During their time living at Artspace the selected applicant will meet and discuss their work with other residents and exhibiting artists as well as with curatorial staff; undertake a public Open Studio presentation of work in progress; view an extensive range of exhibitions in galleries; and establish new networks with Sydney arts professionals.
The residency will not include a full exhibition outcome nor is there a requirement to complete a body of work.
Applications are now open.
Artspace Visual Arts Centre is a leading international residency-based contemporary art centre, housed in the historic Gunnery Building in Woolloomooloo fronting Sydney Harbour. Committed to the development of new ideas and practices in contemporary art and culture, Artspace hosts over 50 artist residencies each year along with many exhibitions and arts based publications.
KEY DATES & INFORMATION
Applications close: Fri, 3 May 2013
Residency period: (12 weeks) Oct – Dec 2013
Application form: Download here
- Applicant must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident currently residing in regional New South Wales
- Applicant must be a professional practicing visual artist
- Applications will not be accepted from people currently undertaking undergraduate studies
- This residency is not available to current employees of Artspace or Regional Arts NSW, or to current Artspace Board members. www.artspace.org.au
- Applicants must be available to take up the residency at Artspace, Sydney for the full three month period, October – December 2013
Image: Curtesy of Artspace (2013)