Mezzanine Art Gallery
The gallery provides opportunities for local artists, cultural groups and participants in creative projects to share their work with the broader community.
Opportunities to Participate
Visit the Gallery
The gallery is in the Port Stephens Council Building, on Level 1 of the foyer.116 Adelaide Street, Raymond Terrace. The gallery is open when council is: 9am-5pm, Monday – Friday.
Attend an exhibition opening
All exhibitions include a public exhibition opening, where anyone can have an early viewing, celebrate the exhibition and meet the artists involved. Look out for dates for these events.
Share your creativity by entering a group show
Many of the exhibitions are group-shows inviting participants. These are indicated on the exhibition program. Contact the identified organiser ahead of the exhibition to register your interest.
Apply to hold an exhibition during 2011
Council called for Expressions of interest to hold an exhibition during 2011. The program is now being finalised.
Apply to hold an exhibition during 2012
Expressions of interest to exhibit will open in September 2011. The application form is online: https://portstephens.smartygrants.com.au/
- another event (such as festivals)
- a theme week (such as senior’s week, water week, NAIDOC week or youth week)
- a topic of interest to the community (sustainability, safety, mental health)
- artist / curator talks (about their work, process, medium, inspiration)
- educational / informational talks (relating to the subject matter of the exhibition)
Development of the Gallery